Turin (Italy). Turin (Italy). After the success of 2010 and 2011, Convergence of Cultures, in collaboration with several local associations, organized the 3rd edition of the Party of the Multiethnic Republic.
*Create moments of knowledge and exchange between citizens of various nationalities;
*Demonstrate that we can live together accepting the diversity of the other, because that’s not dangerous but a possibility of mutual enrichment:
*Create a network of solidarity and reciprocity among people living in one place.
In a society where the culture of intolerance and violence is prevailing and with the excuse of “security” distrust and fear of the foreigneris promoted.In this scenario the Party is the result of an extensive project: not making the “multi-ethnicity” of our country a “ghost” concept, but a concept with shape and substance in a positive and constructive way, with the eye toward the future.
This year, the Party will be even richer, thanks to these previous events:
Toward the Multiethnic Republic
- Saturday May 26th, 10:30h, at the Centro StudiSereno Regis, Via Garibaldi 13: Roundtable “Potential and issues of a multicultural city”
- Thursday May 31st, 21:00h, at Casa Umanista, Via Martini 4 bis: “Sorry, did you see your-self?”, Workshop seminar about the identification of the self.
…and thanks to these following events…
- SundayJune 3rd, 20:30h, at Casa Umanista, Via Martini 4 bis: Presentation of the documentary “18- Ius Soli”
- Sunday June 9th, 10:00h, at Casa Umanista, Via Martini 4 bis: Conference/Workshop “the overcoming of slavery”
- Each Monday from 11/6 to 2/7 at 20:30h, at Casa Umanista, Via Martini 4 bis: Workshop “Path of Nonviolence”, nonviolent theory and practice
Convergenza delle Culture - Torino
Translated to English by Ruth Fuente